When it comes to SEO, keyword research is an essential part of the process. With the right keyword research, you can ensure that your website is seen by the right people and increase its visibility in search engine results. To help you get started on your journey to positive performance in 2023, here’s a keyword research checklist of things to consider:
- Identify the most relevant keywords – Start by identifying the most relevant keywords for your business. Consider how customers might search for you, what terminology they would use and which words align with your brand goals. Conduct research to see if products or services related to yours are using similar phrases.
- Analyze keyword competition – Once you’ve established the appropriate keywords, check the search volume of keywords. Look at how many other sites are targeting these keywords and assess the quality of their content; this will help you understand if it’s worth investing time in pursuing these queries and how achievable ranking for them is.
- Test long-tail keywords – Long-tail keywords are more specific phrases that carry more search results, but with less competition. These long-tail keywords can be a great way to find new opportunities for content and help you reach a wider audience. The difference between a single keyword and a long-tail keyword is usually the addition of modifiers like ‘best’, ‘cheap’, ‘top’ etc.
- Keep track of keyword performance – Always monitor the progress of your keyword research and analyze how your pages are ranking in relation to each keyword phrase. You should also use tools like Google Search Console and Google Analytics to see how your keywords are performing. This will help you make sure that the content that you create is optimized for the right keywords and that you’re getting the most out of your keyword research efforts.
- Work with an expert – When you work with an SEO service in Tempe AZ, you’ll have the benefit of experienced professionals who can help you identify and implement the most effective keywords for your website. By working with an SEO expert, you can ensure that your website will be optimized for the right keywords and get the best possible results in search engine rankings. An experienced SEO service can also help you track your keyword performance and make sure that the content that you create is targeting the right keywords.
- Remember that different platforms exist – What does this mean? Well, keyword research for Reddit might differ from a keyword research project for Google. An SEO service can help you tailor your keyword strategy to the platform you’re targeting, to ensure that you focus on the keywords that are most likely to drive success.
- Monitor trends and stay ahead of your competition – Whether you use a keyword research spreadsheet or an SEO service, you should regularly monitor the keyword trends within your industry. Keeping on top of changing trends will help you stay ahead of your competitors, as well as help you identify new opportunities that could be beneficial to your business.
- Utilize automation – Automating certain aspects of keyword research can help to make the process more efficient. Automation tools like Keyword Planner and AdWords Suggest can provide you with detailed data that can help you quickly identify opportunities and implement the necessary changes to your website.
- Update regularly – Keeping your keyword list up to date is important to maintaining the success of your site. Implementing new keywords and removing outdated ones can help you stay ahead of the competition and keep your website performing well in the SERPs.