SEO is still a valuable marketing tool in 2022. Although there have been some major changes to the way search engines operate, good SEO practices are still essential for businesses looking to rank high on search engine results pages. In this blog post, we will discuss some of the reasons why SEO is still relevant in 2022 and outline some of the best practices that you should be using to improve your website’s ranking.
SEO, or search engine optimization, is the process of optimizing a website for Google’s algorithms. The goal of SEO is to improve a website’s visibility in search engine results pages (SERPs), with the ultimate goal being to increase organic traffic levels.
In other words, you want your links to appear in search engines when people search online for topics related to your business. If you sell umbrellas, you want to appear for those wanting to learn about or shop for umbrellas.
SEO comes in many shapes and sizes including on-page optimization, technical SEO, link building, and content marketing.
Why is SEO Still Relevant?
SEO is still relevant in 2022 for several key reasons:
- Google continues to dominate the search engine market
- Search engines are still the primary way people discover new websites
- Good SEO practices still result in better ROI than paid advertising
- SEO is a long-term marketing strategy
- SEO is more important than ever for small businesses
- SEO can level the playing field against larger companies
- Local SEO is critical for attracting local consumers
- The mobile search market is still growing
- Voice search is on the rise
- Rich results are becoming increasingly important
In truth, we could go on. However, the easiest way to describe the relevance of SEO is to say that Google receives around 63,000 searches per second…that’s over five billion searches per day. If you want even a small percentage of those searchers to find your site, you need to be visible on the search engine results pages (SERPs).
While people are searching differently compared to many years ago – for example, using voice-assistant devices – they are still researching online. Not only are they searching, but they are doing so throughout the funnel. That means that whether they are in the awareness, consideration, or purchase stages, SEO can help you be there for them.
Tips to Get Started with SEO
How do you get started with SEO in 2022? If you’re starting from scratch, it will take some time and effort to improve your ranking. Here are a few tips:
- Do your research: learn about SEO, how it has changed, and what trends to expect in the coming year.
- Understand your audience: who are they and what do they want?
- Find the right keywords: these are the words and phrases that your audience is using to search for what you offer.
- Optimize your website: make sure that your website is designed and organized in a way that makes it easy for search engines to find and index your content.
- Create quality content: this is the most important part. Your content needs to be well-written, informative, and interesting.
If you don’t know where to start, don’t hesitate to contact SDARR Studios. We can help with SEO, website design, link building, content, and more. Everything starts with an SEO audit to assess the current performance of your website. From here, we can draw up a plan to boost traffic to your website. You become a market leader, you generate more sales, and the business grows!